You are here : Version anglaise > Administrative formalities > Rental and Public liability insurance

Rental insurance and Public liability insurance

Rental insurance

Before signing your rental agreement, the owner or agency will request that you provide a rental insurance certificate or proof certifying your cover against tenant risks (water damage, fire, etc.).
This type of contract insures the accommodation as well as its regular occupants. If you move, you must inform your insurance company to insure your new lodging or cancel your contract.

This insurance is mandatory.

Public liability insurance

In France, whenever anyone unintentionally causes damage to another person or another person’s property, he/she is required to compensate that person for the damage caused. Public liability insurance covers payments of such compensation.
Public liability insurance is mandatory. As a result, taking out such cover is very easy. Public liability insurance can be included in your home insurance policy. Ask your insurance company.